An Orderless But Potentially Deadly Gas

SoCalGas_Logo_2015

An Orderless But Potentially Deadly Gas

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a dangerous gas that you cannot smell, taste or see. Breathing in carbon monoxide can displace the oxygen in your blood, causing carbon monoxide poisoning. Severe cases of carbon monoxide poisoning can be deadly. The stages of carbon monoxide poisoning produce unexplained symptoms, such as:

  • Sudden flu-like symptoms
  • Headaches, shortness of breath, fatigue
  • Nausea or vomiting
  • Dizziness, lightheadedness, mental confusion, drowsiness
  • Rapid or fluttering heartbeat
  • Unconsciousness 

Did you know the risk of carbon monoxide exposure occurs more frequently in winter months when people use furnaces, fireplaces and portable generators to stay warm?

Click here to read more about carbon monoxide and how to keep your family safe and informed.